Thursday, May 16, 2013
Last week, I mentioned that I had joined the One Game a Month challenge. For my May game, I decided to dust off the not-quite-finished Blak & Bloo (I still need to write up that whole experience and why it ultimately failed), and reuse some of its code with the latest improvements I've made to my in-progress Tangle game engine. The idea I came up with is to eliminate physics (which turned out to be more of a pain than I expected), and make a simple pattern-matching game.
I'm calling it "Quilt", and you can follow my progress here. Next week, I plan to blog in more detail about my approach, and how I'm going to avoid the Blak & Bloo problem.